Pair of large fibreglass human skulls from a fairground Ghost Train ride. Dating from circa 1970, each skull has an articulated jaw and round holes cut out of the eye sockets. Each skull would have originally had red lights mounted in the eye sockets, and a wire to activate the jaw (possibly with a smoke machine or bubble machine behind). The first ghost train rides appeared in 1930, designed by Joesph Emberton, but it wasn't until the late 1960s that they became a standard feature of travelling fairgrounds. In completely original condition, with some flaking and paint loss. Offered as a pair, but could be sold individually on request.
Each skull measures: 60cm tall x 50cm wide x 55cm deep