Large, rare and early Berliet Automobiles double sided shield enamel sign. Berliet Automobiles was established in 1899, although Marius Berliet began experimenting with automobiles as early as 1894. The Berliet company sold a licence to the American Locomotive Company (Alco) in 1906 in return for investment that allowed the company to establish production - hence the logo.This sign dates from the 1940s, and has some obvious losses to both sides, but still has great colour and really interesting graphics. Berliet was acquired by Citroen in 1967.
Measures: 110cm high x 80cm wide